Friday, March 6, 2009

A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

"Conditioned life is just like life in a prison house in this material world...If a prisoner thinks, 'I am in this cell–let me request the warden to change my cell and I will be happy,' that is a mistaken idea. One cannot be happy so long as he is within the prison walls. We are trying to be happy by changing cells–from capitalism to communism. The aim should be to become free from this "ism and that "ism." One has to change from this "ism" of materialism; then he can become happy."
-from Easy Journey To Other Planets

2 comments:

The Gorbott said...

thats great. i'll have to read that.

Erik Dalzen said...

That is the best part of the book and it also happens to be the second to last page so I may have spoiled it for you. It was an interesting read but I thought that it was going to teach how to travel to other planets rather than simply say that it is possible through Bhakti-yoga.