Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Hiatus no more

So after my brief hiatus I am back with news, pictures, other news, and some other stuff.

The first mindblower...I am engaged! Hooray! I purposed on New Years Eve after a surprise, romantic, candlelit, vegan dinner. After dessert I pulled the old slide across the floor on your knees bit and presented the ring. She said yes. More news on that will follow in the coming months. Please email me your address if you would like to receive an invitation.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I plan on showing more work here on the blog ranging from outtakes to new work to work in progress. Expect a lot of that in the following days/weeks. I am excited about this featured piece because it is my first triptych. I have had a bit of an obsession with diptychs and triptychs but have never really had a good application for them in my work, until this piece that is.

Courtyard, 415 E 73rd St New York, New York, 2007

3 comments:

becca said...

congrats!!

i'd better get one! even though i never see you in this big city.

becca foster
201 w. 105th st. #64
ny ny 10025

The Gorbott said...

digging the triptych. that is a format that i have been wanting to explore as well. good show.

Erik Dalzen said...

Thanks a lot. Yeah triptychs a little odd I don't know if I have any others up my sleeve for any time soon. Let me know if you do any.